WolfIP Law PLCC
Specializing IP Protection & IP Analytics for the Gaming Industry
We do more than help you file a patent application. We use our unique combination of engineering, business, and IP experience to help you craft the strongest patent portfolio, and sidestep the IP minefield.
- We assist in creating new patents as well as entire portfolio of patents surrounding a product. We are not just technical writers. Our experience as engineers and inventors gives us an edge in helping your firm to extract the most out of the idea.
- We assess technologies, research the surrounding patent landscape, map out who has what patents in the area, perform engineering analysis of your products and assess their IP-readiness.
- We analyze existing patents, repair the holes, add new features, and help strengthen your existing patent portfolios.
M & A
- We help in due diligence in your M&A projects, whether you're acquiring a company, or being acquired. We assist by assessing technologies, products, build valuation models for patents, review competitive IP landscape, identify synergies, and suggest alternatives.
- We work alongside your firm to analyze other's patents, provide an engineering perspective, and craft an appropriate strategy.
We are intellectual property lawyer and corporate counsel specializing in intellectual property asset management for high technology companies. With over 20 years of IP experience, our firm focuses on strategic counseling for technology companies regarding intellectual property, technology licensing and partnering arrangements, and patent prosecution and counseling.
Areas of Practice
Areas of practice include technology licensing, provisional patent application filing, U.S. and foreign patent & trademark prosecution, patent portfolio monetization, competitor analysis and strategic counseling; business development and strategic partnering; compliance and regulatory issues, intellectual property audits and due diligence reviews, freedom to operate investigations, patent litigation support,business development, corporate transactions, and M&A activities. We have substantial working experience in the following types of activities:
- Providing wide range of in-house legal services including contract formation and negotiation, general corporate work, and oversight and management of retained counsel. Emphasis will be on technology licensing, product development and digital media;
- Supervising the legal teams that support the company’s product and business development initiatives;
- Providing legal advice and expertise for commercial law, technology issues and development, strategic partnerships, licensing and distribution across a variety of mediums including mobile, web and automotive integrations;
- Providing legal advice and expertise with respect to protecting and managing intellectual property assets;
- Drafting and auditing applicable online policies, e.g. terms of service, privacy policies and FAQs;
- Overseeing and managing relationships with outside counsel and legal operations;
- Providing support to General Counsel with respect to department budgeting, legal metrics and expansion;
- Representing the company externally before relevant government officials worldwide, international and intergovernmental institutions, industry associations and other professional organizations;
- Participating in numerous standards body meetings and negotiations relating to technical standards/standards development, intellectual property rights and technology policies;
- Negotiating and closing significant technology licensing transactions;
- Identifying new markets, platforms and intellectual assets which can be successfully monetized through licensing;
- Providing guidance to clients and governing boards on IP issues implicated in new and existing products and features;
- Managing IP which is outsourced to outside counsel;
- Establishing and organizing in-house IP policies and programs, and providing IP-related training and educating to company employees (e.g., engineers, programmers, junior inhouse counsel, etc.).
Contact Our Law Firm
Please feel free to contact us directly at (510) 655-9111 or email us at email@example.com if you have any interest or questions about my services as an intellectual property lawyer or patent lawyer, particularly if you are a start-up company that currently does not have in-house counsel to develop, procure, and manage your company’s intellectual property.